Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welcome to Waimea

Tuesday I visited the town I will now be living in. Waimea, Hawai'i.

Fun Fact - Waimea is the original name of the town. But as there is another Waimea on a different island, the Post Office renamed this one to Kamuela. So all the locals still call it Waimea, but the addresses all say Kamuela. Kinda confusing, I know.

Anyway. Waimea is headquarters for the famous Parker Ranch, where my dad now works. So it's home to all the Hawaiian cowboys. Not really a touristy, beachy place like Kona is. It's actually cooler than you would expect, I wore a sweatshirt in the evening. At the base of a mountain, it gets alot of rain. I am glad for that. Here are some snapshots of our visit -

My lil sis's new school -



My new school -



Hurrah! Those Mormon churches are everywhere... -


We visited our school, the library, and our new rental house. In the afternoon it started to rain, but it was just tiny little sprinkling! However the wind blew it sideways everywhere. Unfortunately it was about that time that my camera died.

No comments:

Post a Comment